5.7.12

Before and After: High-Waisted Piped Shorts

Here's an idea for another pair of shorts to add to your summer wardrobe. Pipe them. Not only do they look cool but also have a sort of nautical vibe, perfect for the current season. 


I began with a pair of off-white capri's that I picked up at the thrift store for $2. After some bleaching, snipping and sewing I welcomed my new pair of shorts with open arms.


The inspiration for these shorts took place amidst last weeks episode of Jane By Design. I loved her shorts but decided to change the colors up a bit.

Jane By Design

Hope everyone is having a great summer. Enjoy!



13 comments:

Creativity&Chocolate said...

Great DIY, really cute shorts!

www.creativityandchocolate.blogspot.com

Laura said...

Lovely! Have a great weekend sweetie!:)

Confessions of A Confused City Girl said...

Wow, great DIY!

~Sherine
Stop by and say HI!
Confessions Of A City Girl

Jasmina said...

nice ;)

thankfifi said...

great idea!


♥ ThankFifi
p.s. thanks so much for your sweet comment today.x

Gaby de Modacapital said...

Shorts are amazing, great DIY!!!
kisses

Bernadeth G. said...

love everything!

Visit my blog? xx Miss Beatrix (http://missbeatrix.blogspot.com)

Freya - Fashionable People said...

Great DIY - keep it up. I did a similar thing to a jacket once - perfect for livening up the summer wardrobe.

www.fashionablepeople.co.uk

Karina De Jesus said...

awesome, you totally recycled that pair of capris. looks great!!

ZxM Fashion Addicts said...

super creative!!!wow!!





http://style-squared.blogspot.ca/

Fash Boulevard said...

oh my goodness, they turned out amazing. Fabulous post, love. I've got a new outfit post. If you get a sec I'd love to hear your thoughts. xo

www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

Katrine - make it and fake it said...

What a great idea!! i love the piping!!! such an easy way to update a pair of shorts!

love K

Anonymous said...

ooh cool! what thrift store did you go to?