29.2.12

DIY Crocheted Pencil Roll

I just got myself a brand new set of pencils but didn't feel like dumping them in my pencil case with the rest of my stationary. When I was browsing pinterest the other day I came across this amazing tutorial which inspired me to make this and would fix my problem. For those of you who aren't avid crocheters that tutorial from small + friendly is perfect for you. But for those of you who dare to crochet follow my spin on the pencil roll.


My grandmother taught me to crochet a couple of years ago and ever since I keep having phases of being obsessed with the craft. I am currently going through one of those phases.


Stuff you need:
Acrylic yarn
Any size crochet needle
Leather cord

1. Chain 42 and then double stitch 2 rows (here is a tutorial on how to double stitch).


2. On the third row chain instead of doing a double stitch every 2 stitches.


3. Crochet 2 more rows of double stitch then repeat step 2.


4. Double stitch 5 more rows then repeat step 2. Double stitch 2 more rows and repeat step 2 again. Finally Double stitch 2 rows and finish.


5. Tie a knot at the end of the leather cord.


6. Put it through the side and knot at the other end too.


Put your pencils in and roll up. Have fun crocheting!


26 comments:

The Dainty Dolls House said...

That is really handy..my daughter could use one, she always looses her pencils!! Very pretty :) Thanks for popping by my blog, hope you'll come again soon..have a sweet day!! xx

Unknown said...

HOW COOL :D You are sutch a great blogger!

House of Avandan said...

Very nice and creative!

http://www.houseofavandan.com

Ramona said...

that is very thoughtful and wonderful

xoxo Ra

Grace (The Stripe) said...

This is fantastic... nice work!!

RaindropsofSapphire said...

That's really cute!

www.raindropsofsapphire.com

Fanlights said...

The Minute I set my eyes on your posts glitter explodes throughout the atmosphere angels and fairies dance across the room the world shines rainbow colors I love your blog keep posting baby X mercury moonshine dutchess

Val - A Cleaner Closet said...

This is adorable!
acleanercloset.blogspot.com

Style Servings said...

Wow, genius!

http://styleservings.blogspot.com/

Ivana said...

This is so pretty and original! I´d love to know where you get your amazing ideas, you always has the perfect diy to share!

xx Ivana
Macarons and Pearls

Rowena @ rolala loves said...

That is very clever and useful!
rolala loves

Audrey Leighton said...

SO cute! Love all of your DIY projects..so creative and always fun :)
xx
Be Frassy

Laure Coulombel said...

Very nice idea!!! It's always nice when you use your fingers!
keep the good work
ilovedoityourself.blogspot.com

jas said...

what a genius idea!

http://forallthatjas.blogspot.com/

Ms.Fashionista said...

this is super interesting! I'm truly awful at DIY's but I can always try!

www.alifeinthefashionlane.blogspot.com

xo

Veronica said...

Wonderful DIY :D Definitely would be grat to use at my work!

FRANKIE HEARTS FASHION said...

this is so clever...love it! xo
www.frankieheartsfashion.com

Lina's Style said...

Oh wow, this is really interesting and cute :)

http://linastyle.blogspot.com/

Kristen said...

that's so clever! i've never been able to knit/crochet/or anything like that so idk if i could pull this one off though!

GIAA said...

that's cool!

http://giaa-fashion.blogspot.com/

allie said...

this is so cute<3

http://tramplingicecream.blogspot.com/

Jessica said...

So cute.

P.S. We are having a giveaway over on our blog for a personalized necklace. If you have time please stop by and enter.

Suzanne said...

I love discovering a new DIY blog - definitely a new follower. This is so creative x

Ellemieke said...

omg, this is sooo cute!

Unknown said...

very nice, this is why I like your blog, you always come upwith new things!
come visit me!
xo xo Dia!
http://www.peach-punch.com

Unknown said...

Brilliant! I love this! Thanks so much for linking inspiration, it is much appreciated!