Here is a snapshot from of a page from my look book which is filled with all the inspiration for this DIY project. The original idea came from the friendship bracelet buckles I saw in the recent spring 2012 HnM catalogue. I really like the idea because they make friendship bracelets seem more clean and expensive. I still love the messy authentic friendship bracelets with loose threads hanging out at the ends but why have an occasional change?
This bracelet does not necessarily have to be made using a friendship bracelet, I used it because it was a part of my inspiration. You could use fabric, rope etc.
Stuff you need:
Needle and thread
Friendship bracelet/Fabric/Rope etc. ( This material will need to be able to wrap around your wrist 1.5x)
1. Use the pin to make a hole near the end of your bracelet.
2. Place the pointy part of the bracelet through the hole.
3. Push both parts of the bracelet that are on either end of the buckle through the buckle.
5. Trim the excess fabric or string and sew them both together.
6. Trim the excess string on the other end of the bracelet too and create a few holes on that end using the same technique used in step 1.
And that is it :)
p.s. These look best worn in bulk.